ERP to Optimize and Expand Field Service Offerings for Food Equipment
With an expanding portfolio of repair services for retail and commercial food service equipment, KASCO outgrew the capabilities of its ERP and field service applications. The company also viewed this development as an opportunity to grow its route business into a full portfolio of services. KASCO solved the challenge by turning to Sopris Systems and Microsoft Dynamics to help create an integrated solution that connects supply chain, field service, and enterprise resource planning (ERP) workflow processes.
“Thanks to Sopris Systems and Microsoft Dynamics, we can now empower our technicians with better intelligence for route planning, predictive maintenance, and knowledge sharing. Managers can be alerted for at-risk orders, manage tech performance, and track technician movement throughout the day. We also have the intelligence to target the right market segment, understand overall performance, and predict where the business needs to be.
- Creates an integrated environment connecting sales, operations, delivery and accounting—in real-time.
- Provides flexibility to rapidly implement new services to support the growth of the company.
- Helps the company plan required resources for future customer demand.
- Optimizes field resource utilization by predicting most efficient routes to customer sites.
- Facilitates scheduling so field resources can complete more orders per day.
- Improves compliance with customer equipment SLAs.
- Ensures the right technicians with the right parts are assigned to each service incident.
Region: U.S., Canada, Mexico and Europe
Industry: Manufacturing and Field Services
For more than 110 years, KASCO has provided metallic blade products for the meat-cutting, food-cutting, and wood-cutting industries. The company also provides on-site electrical and mechanical repair services for retail grocery and commercial food service equipment.
Upgrade ERP and field service management to accommodate company growth and to help expand the company’s portfolio of field services.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Operations deployed by Sopris Systems.