Ensured Project Success
Our technical proficiency is outstanding, but it’s our industry and business acumen that set us apart.
All Sopris projects leverage the Sopris Assurance® methodology to ensure successful business outcomes. As a hybrid methodology of classic Waterfall and Agile best practices, Sopris Assurance represents the learnings of more than 200 implementations.
Through a set of pre-defined deliverables, roles and responsibilities, the methodology leverages a strong governance model, documents the required deliverables by phase, and places a heavy focus on risk mitigation. We also apply a six-step process to create clarity in how project objectives will be achieved:
- Business Case: Sopris works with our clients to develop a business case to quantify the value proposition for the solutions we deliver. As a result, our clients are able to envision the “to-be” state while improving the definition of the project objectives.
- System Orientation Sessions: To equip project stakeholders with a foundational understanding of how a new system works, we provide targeted orientation sessions to each functional business area. This step equips stakeholders to contribute to the requirements definition with a common foundational understanding on the new system.
- System Requirements: In the next step, Sopris transforms the functional requirements into a succinct listing in order to prioritize and manage it further. Each requirement will have its own documented acceptance criteria—ensuring solution quality when delivered.
- Sprints: Borrowing from the Agile methodology, the Build Phase is composed of multi-week Sprints, where a portion of the requirements backlog is delivered and demonstrated to the stakeholders. This ensures the solution comes to life incrementally over the course of the project.
- Sprint Retrospective: At the end of each multi-week Sprint, a facilitated lessons-learned session is conducted by the Sopris Project Manager. This process-improvement step includes client stakeholders and establishes a venue for 100% transparency while also maximizing collaboration opportunities.
- Operational Assurance: Prior to the actual go-live date, the Sopris Project Team will define a set of tasks to orient the Sopris Support Team to the specifics of the client’s implementation. Key members of the project team remain allocated to support the implementation for a period of 45 days following the go-live. This ensures a smooth transition to Sopris Assurance Support.
Sopris Assurance was designed by a Six-Sigma black belt. The result is a process that eliminates waste and non-value-add tasks that are inherent in many other methodologies.