Innovative Approach to ERP Reduces Costs by $650K
A Microsoft Dynamics 365 Success Story for Electrical Contractors
Microsoft Dynamics Case Study for Commercial and Industrial Electrical Contractor
In an industry steeped in tradition, new ideas can give a business a tremendous advantage. This large-scale electrical contractor had begun to implement a market-changing idea and the company’s success led the senior management team to reforecast their needs for the future.
The team then saw another opportunity to break tradition—use a different ERP system that fits the needs of the new way they wanted to do business. With the help of Sopris Systems, they chose Microsoft Dynamics to accelerate their business toward the future.
“Microsoft Dynamics AX makes our organization run better and stronger. The work we’re doing here by deploying this system will have a big impact on our future success. Our kits are what really separate us from the competition, and Dynamics AX compliments rather than hinders that strategy by supporting all the preplanning and organization that goes into this methodology.”
- Consolidates 15 applications into a single ERP platform—saving approximately $650K per year.
- Eliminates errors and resource time of manually transferring data among multiple systems.
- Helps coordinate project management so construction jobs can be completed faster.
- Provides construction-specific workflows for finance, sales, service, human resources and manufacturing.
- Facilitates use of advanced manufacturing techniques that enable building projects in more innovative and more efficient ways.
- Helps win bids with the costs savings that can be passed along to customers.
- Leverages mobility to enable employees in the field to troubleshoot issues and answer customer inquiries more efficiently.
If you would like to learn more about this Dynamics 365 Case Study for Specialty Contractors or see a live demonstration of Sopris solutions, reach out through our contact page and we’ll get back to you within 1 business day.
CASE STUDY BRIEF
Region: United States
Industry: Specialty Contractor
For nearly 100 years, this electrical contractor has been performing electrical and integrated systems engineering, manufacturing, construction and maintenance. The company has grown into one of the largest electrical contractors in the U.S. with over $200 million in annual sales.
Consolidate 15 isolated applications into a single ERP platform in order to run the business more efficiently and to create operational cost savings to pass along to customers.
Field Services Automation (FSA)