World-Class ERP and Operations for Energy Utilities Company
A Microsoft Dynamics 365 Success Story for the Energy Sector
Digital Transformation Case Study for Electric Utility with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Azure Cloud
Outdated, on-premise solutions were stifling performance, limiting flexibility to evolve and driving a high cost of ownership. It was time for a change. They chose to partner with Sopris because of their deep experience in the electric utilities market, strong technical expertise, change management skills and endorsement by Microsoft as a leading Microsoft partner.
Comprehensive, Integrated Business Operations
Sopris implemented Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations on Microsoft Azure hosted infrastructure inclusive of core financial management, payroll processing, purchasing and contracts and human capital management in a managed services environment.
In their new environment, business process owners can manage their own data, substantially increasing efficiencies and enabling data driven decision making. Dashboards with drill down capabilities provide management with at-a-glance awareness of performance while creating audit controls for overall business continuity, financial accountability, and transparency.
- Integrate project and financial data across business lines to improve service, decision making and overall operations.
- Integrate operational, budgeting and purchasing processes and establish an automated customer contact system.
- Create an analytical environment to enhance operations and allow for richer data insight to aid the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Create a single, self-service time entry system and a single system to track fixed assets and their attributes.
- Consolidated workflow management and eliminate manual reviews and approvals while providing user-based security and audit trails.
If you would like to learn more about this Dynamics 365 Case Study for Electric Utilities or see a live demonstration of Sopris solutions, reach out through our contact page and we’ll get back to you within 1 business day.
CASE STUDY BRIEF
Region: Midwest, USA
Industry: Energy – Electric Power Generation and Distribution
This organization, over 70 years old, was created to develop and generate electric power and to buy, sell and distribute electric power across a large geographic region.
To maximize the client’s data management capabilities, increase business efficiencies, and reduce dependency on paper and dissimilar interfaces between systems.
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations