Los Angeles Teacher Union Streamlines Membership and Grievance Management by Leveraging the Expertise of Sopris Systems
Los Angeles Teacher Union
Like many unions, United Teachers Los Angeles faces the challenges of managing member benefits, dues, events and activities. Not having the right system in place created an administrative burden and lack of visibility on the status of individual members. Manual process and independent silos of information led to slow response times and inaccurate information. In addition, the grievance department found it challenging to manage cases and ensure proper procedures were followed. To meet these challenges, UTLA collaborated with Sopris Systems to deploy Microsoft Dynamics AX.
“With the power of Microsoft Dynamics AX and the expertise of Sopris Systems, we deployed a new ERP system and infrastructure that has created automated processes and document-access workflows. These capabilities allowed us to take a problem area and turn it into a measurable and sustainable plus for the organization.”
United Teachers Los Angeles
- Facilitates membership management and grievance tracking so end users can work more efficiently.
- Generates 360-degree views of member information.
- Helps ensure workflow processes comply with regulatory requirements.
- Creates familiar user experience by enabling user profiles based on specific roles.
- Enables key information to be easily accessed via on-demand queries and reports.
- Delivers information automatically to dashboards and generates alerts when action is required.
- Stores grievance documents securely and makes them accessible according to user credentials.
Company: United Teachers Los Angeles
Region: Los Angeles
Industry: Union (Education)